Plants With Altitude: Regionally Native Plants for Wyoming Gardens
By Amy A. Fluet, Jennifer S. Thompson, Dorothy E. Tuthill, Brenna R. Marsicek
Published March 2014
Your guide to hardy, water-wise, beautiful and accessible wildflowers and shrubs native to Wyoming and the surrounding region. If you've been itching to try native plants in your garden, but you're not sure where to start, this is the book for you!
Features of the book include:
- Information on more than 40 wildflowers and 12 shrubs, including:
- Their sun and water preferences,
- Their resistance to rabbits and deer,
- Whether they attract a certain type of pollinator, and
- Notes from gardeners who have tested these plants in their yards.
- Resources for gardening with natives, including:
- Seed sources and germination instructions,
- An explanation of botanical terms,
- A list of websites, books and other sources of inspiration,
- and much more!
Published by the University of Wyoming Biodiversity Institute, Barnyards and Backyards, Laramie Garden Club and University Wyoming Extension
For orders of 10 or more of this item, please contact the Biodiversity Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org for bulk pricing.